A warm welcome from the Friends of the Fiji Museum.
The Friends of the Fiji Museum Society was formed in 1986 and has expanded to include leaders from the business, government, educational, non-governmental and diplomatic communities as well as locals, residents and visitors to Fiji.
Member dues and donations to the Friends of the Fiji Museum go towards assisting in the funding of improvements in areas such as: better storage; recording facilities for the reserve collection; conducting research on the collection, Fijian culture and general history; printing new and reprinting old publications; improving and expanding facilities; promoting satellite exhibitions and educational programmes; and the continued development of the growing professional staff.
Providing access to the most comprehensive collection of Fijian artifacts in existence, plus collections from the other communities that have settled here over the years, our goal is to assist the museum in its efforts to upgrade facilities and resources.
The Fiji Museum should serve as a dynamic institution for the benefit of the local and international community. With today's communications and technology, the global community can share in the exchange of information and resources in support of the continued growth and knowledge of Fijian culture and society.
If you would like to support the Fiji Museum and assist the Friends with its endeavour to create an institution worthy of national pride and international recognition, join the Friends of the Fiji Museum now!
As a benefit of membership, you'll receive the internationally recognised scholarly journal of the Fiji Museum - Domodomo, published biannually. For members who are residents or are planning a visit to Fiji, your benefits will also include the following:
- Free entry to the museum (If local - please show card; international - please inform them of your international membership status (check with gift shop staff).
- 10%* discount on Fiji Museum** gift shop merchandise
- Bi-annual publication, Domodomo
- Quarterly newsletter, Time Connections
- Free use of the Reference Library
- Friends of the Fiji Museum monthly social evenings
- Friends of the Fiji Museum day/weekend trips
- Advanced notice of educational programmes
- Invitations to exhibitions and museum activities
- Join in archaeological digs
* 5% discount on payments by credit card
** Discount does NOT apply to non-Fiji Museum items